Shear Centre - Sector Section
Notation and Units
Metric and Imperial Units
The above formulas may be used with both imperial and metric units. As with all calculations care must be taken to keep consistent units throughout with examples of units which should be adopted listed below:
- c = distance to shear centre, in or mm
- N/A = neutral axis
- R = inside radius, in or mm
- θ = angle under consideration, degrees
- A.K. Singh. Mechanic of Solids. Indian Institute of Technology. New Delhi. 2007. Print.
- H.A. Nageim, F. Durka, W. Morgan, D.T. Williams. Strutural mechanics: Loads, analysis, materials and design of structural elements. London. 2010. Print.
- T.V. Galambos. Stability design criteria for Metal Structures. New York. 1998. Print.