Construction Material Weights
Weights of Building Materials
When estimating dead laods for the purposes of design, it is always better to use the actural weight of materials and constructions being used. In the absence of definite information, values satisfactory to the building official may be assumed. StructX has provided weights of commonly encountered materials for this purpose. It should be remembered that there can be significant differences between materials and manufacturers and a conservative approach should always be adopted.
- Anupoju, S. (2019). Density of different construction materials. The Constructor Civil Engineering [blog article]. Retrieved from https://theconstructor.org/building/density-construction-materials/13531/
- Civil Engineering Portal. (2017, June 11). Unit weight of materials used at construction site. Retrieved from https://www.engineeringcivil.com/unit-weight-of-materials-used-at-construction-site.html
- Daily Civil. (2017, June 11). Unit weight of building materials. Retrieved from Retrieved from https://www.dailycivil.com/unit-weight-building-materials/
- Eberron Unlimited. (2011, August 12). List of materials used for construction (p.7). Retrieved from http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/list-of-materials-used-for-construction
- FAO. Rural Structures in the Tropics. Design and Development. Rome. 2011. Print.
- H.J. Eldridge. Properties of building materials. Lancaster, UK. 1974. Print.
- S. Rk. Weight of Building Materials: Civil Engineering Guide India. India. 2019. Print.