Concrete - Recommended Finishes
Concrete Surface Preparation
The final surface finish of concrete should be based on its intended purpose. For uncovered surfaces that could potentially become a slip hazard once wet, adding a bit of texture for added grip may be required. StructX has provided a basic guide to matching surface type to purpose as well as commonly encountered methods for achieving them.
- ACI Committee 211. Standard Practice for Selecting Proportions for Normal, Heavyweight and Mass Concrete. USA. 2002. Print.
- Canberra Diamond Blade Suppliers. (2018). Concrete basics. Retrieved from https://canberradiamondblade.com.au/7-kinds-of-concrete-finishes/
- Cement Concrete & Aggregates. Concrete Basics: A Guide to Concrete Practice. Australia. Print and Published in "CCAA website".
- Journal of Protective Coatings and Linings. Surface Preparation of Concrete Substrates. Pittsburg, PA. 2011. JPCL eBook.
- Rahman, F.U. (2019). 9 types of concrete finishing equipment. The Constructor Civil Engineering [blog article]. Retrieved from https://theconstructor.org/concrete/concrete-finishing-equipment-types/25680/